What to Expect in a Musos Class?
more details for those who like more of a description!
- Our Muso classes are interactive and fun for you and your little one - giving children an introduction to music making, developing rhythm, confidence, and social connections.
- We use real instruments, including a variety of percussion in class!
- With the Suzuki ECE Programme there is an emphasis on parental involvement and some adults enjoy the class as much as the children.
- In our time together, we do more than just music. Children learn social skills like interacting and sharing with others.
- The programme is carefully crafted, using familiar songs and nursery rhymes to draw on the learning ability of young children. There is multi-layered learning in all activities, so older children can participate at their own level, and those who start classes at a younger age benefit and progress through the different stages.
- Songs and rhymes are used to develop coordination and feed their growing brains. We do movement and action songs, play percussive instruments, and the children are exposed to REAL instruments, which is a fantastic foundation and inspiration to start learning an instrument themselves.
Class Facets Include:
- Circle songs and action songs build vocabulary, increased linguistic and social skills. Children also develop social awareness as they work with their parent and observe other children and parents.
- There are numerous opportunities for counting - how many drums, how many ducks, and using fingers to represent different numbers.
- Creative activities include playing xylophones, using scarves and shakers. Children love to dance, feel the beat and respond individually and creatively as they dance with scarves or shakers.
- Children develop social and self-confidence to move to the teacher for their turn. Sometimes this happens quickly, other times it occurs in small progressions. The delight and pride is great when they do this on their own accord!
- Parents become excellent observers of not only their own child and his/her development and progression in the class, but also other children (and adults!) in the class too.
- The Class Music complements the curriculum in the class, and regular listening at home fosters familiarity with the songs and rhymes, and results in greater participation and language development.
The classes are taken by trained musicians. Felicity is also a Suzuki Music Teacher and offers private instrumental lessons too. She teaches cello and piano to children from as young as three years of age.
Sister Tiffany, teaches harp, brother teaches violin and mother piano too.
So, we offer many musical options and this early music class is a perfect platform before learning an instrument!
Mini Musos Info (3 months to 3 years) click here
Bigger Musos Info (3 to 6 year olds) click here
Class Times click here
2023 Date Details click here